The Canadian Association for Food Studies (CAFS) will host its twelfth annual assembly at Ryerson University in Toronto, Ontario, May 27–30, 2017, in conjunction with the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences. One of the highlights of this year’s conference will be the CAFS Pre-Conference on May 27th. In keeping with our tradition, the pre-conference will be a day-long event geared toward emerging researchers including students, post-docs, new faculty, etc. However, everyone is invited to participate in this one-day pre-conference.
Food Studies in Canada: Social Justice and Methodologies
Save the date!
Date: May 27, 2017
Time: 9am – 6pm (with a social event to follow)
Venue: Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada
Registration fee: $25 (in addition to Congress and CAFS registration fees which are $170 in total, if you register by March 31, 2017); please go to http://congress2017.ca/register for registration (the pre-conference ticket is sold under the category of “other” after you choose CAFS conference)
- Panel: “Social Justice Methodologies in Food Studies”
- Student poster + pecha kucha presentations
- Documentary screening and discussion
What can I do in the pre-conference?
1) Poster presentation:
- Includes a 3 minute pecha kucha presentation plus poster display.
- Students and community members welcome! We are looking for poster presentations on your research and/or community work in food and would love to hear about the great work you’re doing in your community.
- Please complete the CAFS poster application by March 1, 2017 and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Poster presenters in the CAFS annual assembly are welcome to join this event.
2) Networking and developing a lively community
- Meet potential fellow graduate students, mentors, mentees, and collaborators!
- Help out on the day of the conference (i.e. setup, note taking, registration, etc.)
Should you have any inquiries, please email email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you there for a day of discussion, networking, and academic engagement!